Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Fugals' frugal date

Today I'm going to tell you about the date we had this evening and how special it was.

Starting around 4 pm. when I had to go in town for my work, Jeremy tagged along with me. While I was doing my business, he was hanging around at emporium department store. (you can hear his story from his blog)

I finished my work around 6 pm., we met and went to see the DVD portable player that I promised I will buy one for Jeremy after receiving my big pay check for his assistance. He already has the model/brand in mind.... I hope it's not too expensive!!!

Then we felt hungry but we didn't want to have some fancy food here at the restaurants here. We ended up eating at food court for a total of 195 baht for both of us.

After light dinner, we went to supermarket, wandering around, getting what we needed.... we got all what we wanted but yet we didn't leave the place. The reason is.... after 7.30 pm. or around that time, the supermarket will reduce the price of their fresh products like sashimi, cooked food... That's what we were waiting for!

But it was only 7 pm. and my legs were tired.... we decided to go to the cinema. After rock, paper, scissors and Jeremy won... we bought two tickets for "Yes Man" at 8.00 pm. We still have about 45 minutes before the movie start.

Sitting and waiting in front of the popcorn counter... Jeremy was craving for a beer, we went down to supermarket again and we found out that they already have the food discounted!!!

Hooray!!! I grabbed the last box of salmon sashimi (from 185 baht to 130 baht) and Jeremy got his Leo beer. We're ready to go! With my membership card we also got 6 baht discount from our bill. (I loved it!)

Back at the seat in front of the popcorn counter.... we started out frugal supper. While Jeremy is preparing the wasabi and soy sauce, I went to the restroom, took some napkins and we were ready!

A fancy Salmon sashimi... on a bench in front of the cinema...just the two of us. This was my first experience doing that. The movie was good. It was funny, even though I think it's a bit too much like other Jim Carrey's movies but hey! I lost the rock, paper, scissors remember?

At the end, I was thinking it was a really nice and special date, and definitely a frugal one! We should do it more often!

2 comments:

goldilocks said...

the title. how apt but what a mouthful. =)

Unknown said...

i think it's really romantic what you guys did. :) sometimes i kinda miss the days when we were poorer 'cos you tend not to take things for granted.