Monday, August 27, 2007

What happened to me in the past week

There many things happened to me in the past week, I can't believe it! I will start with rough detail on my trip on Thursday 16th.

My boss and I made a road trip to the north of Thailand to Phitsanulok to cover a story there, we stayed there for 3 nights and then we went to Loei, visiting a vineyard and then drove to Udonthani, slept there 1 night before heading to Nongkhai, Thai-Laos border. We left the car in Thailand and crossed to Laos, took the plane to Xiengkhoung for another story. 2 nights in Xiengkhoung, we flew back to Vientiane and crossed back to Thailand. My boss drove to Khonkaen that night and we stayed in Khonkaen 1 night before heading back to Bangkok on Thursday 23rd. We arrived Bangkok around noon... It's 1,600 km we drove during this trip.

My mom got 3 new kittens as they were dumped in front of our house. There were 5 of them actually, 1 mother and 4 little kitties but the mother brought one kitty with her to another house and never come back for the rest. So my mom took them inside as the dogs on the street attacking them. One kitty got her leg broken because the dogs attacking her. Our veterinarian said she will be ok and will be able to walk within 1 month. We haven't named them yet... I will show you photos of them next time I go home.

I passed out...fainted... on the cross over bridge in the middle of Bangkok after I donated my blood. I didn't know what happened with me but luckily I was with my 2 friends, Ying and Auey. They told me I fainted and fell on the floor. I remember I was about to black out, I saw my friends walking in front of me but I had no voice to call them, I grabbed the bridge bars... that's the last thing I know. My friends told me they turned to me to see why I wasn't walking with them and they saw me about to fall... They were able to catch me before I hit the floor, but they couldn't lift me up as my body was harden. There was a guy walking by, he helped lifting me up to the shade where another woman gave me smelling salt to wake me up. My friends told me I fainted twice... well... I didn't know anything. I guess I should stop donating my blood for awhile until I'm stronger or healthier.

Now it's almost noon time and I'm hungry. I should go...

Miss you all....
Hugs

4 comments:

mistipurple said...

o dear, take more nutritious food to quickly make up the loss. take care!

Simple American said...

That is scarey Jane. Take care of yourself. Drink juice after you give blood and save some blood for you too. :)

Wow! What a long trip. Glad you are home safe. :)

may said...

hello hello, Jane dear! what a week you've had. especially with that fainting... oooh, hope you're 100% back on your feet now. eat nutritious food and keep that blood pumping good, ya? *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Never give more than 5 liters at blood at once.